Small group tours to Morocco provide an introduction to the country’s diverse culture, history, and landscapes. Keep in mind that availability and offerings may have changed, so I recommend visiting the tour operators’ websites for the most up-to-date information.
2 Day Tours from Marrakech Zagora
3 Day Tours from Marrakech to Merzouga
4 Day Tours from Marrakech to Merzouga
Fes & Fez Travel
2 Day Tours From Fes to Merzouga
3 Day Tours From Fes to Erg CHebbi
4 Day Tours From Fes to Marrakech
Small Group Tours to Morocco
Choosing the “best” small group tour to Morocco can vary depending on individual preferences, budget, travel dates, and interests. However, I can suggest some reputable tour operators that are known for their quality small-group tours to Morocco
"Morocco Uncovered" by Intrepid Travel:
- This tour offers a comprehensive introduction to Morocco, including visits to Marrakech, Fes, Casablanca, and the Sahara Desert.
- Highlights: Exploring bustling medinas, experiencing traditional Berber culture, camel trekking in the Sahara, and visiting historical sites.
"Highlights of Morocco" by G Adventures:
- A day tour that covers the major highlights of Morocco, from Marrakech to the Sahara, and includes both urban and natural experiences.
- Highlights: Exploring imperial cities, trekking in the Atlas Mountains, camel rides in the Sahara, and experiencing Moroccan cuisine.
"Morocco: Sahara & Beyond" by Exodus Travels:
- This tour offers a journey through the Sahara Desert, visiting ancient kasbahs, dramatic gorges, and traditional Berber villages.
- Highlights: Trekking in the Atlas Mountains, camel trek in the Sahara, exploring Ait Benhaddou, and camping under the stars in the desert.
"Morocco Imperial Cities and Desert" by Peregrine Adventures:
- This tour takes you through the imperial cities of Morocco, including Marrakech, Fes, Rabat, and Meknes, as well as the Sahara Desert.
- Highlights: Discovering the medinas, visiting historical sites, experiencing local culture, and an overnight desert camping experience.
"Essential Morocco" by Morocco Immersion Tours & Adventures:
- This tour is designed to give you an authentic introduction to Morocco, including visits to iconic cities and the Sahara Desert.
- Highlights: Exploring Marrakech, Fes, and the Sahara, experiencing traditional riads, and interacting with local communities.
What is the best way to tour Morocco?
Touring Morocco can be a fascinating and enriching experience, given the country’s diverse landscapes, rich history, and vibrant culture. The best way to tour Morocco largely depends on your interests, preferences, and available time. Here are some popular and effective ways to explore Morocco.
- Joining a guided tour with a reputable tour operator can provide a structured and hassle-free way to explore Morocco.
- Choose a tour that aligns with your interests, whether it’s focused on history, culture, adventure, or a combination.
- Guided tours often include transportation, accommodations, guided excursions, and meals.
- Plan and organize your itinerary independently, giving you flexibility and control over your schedule and destinations.
- Research and create a detailed itinerary, including must-visit cities, attractions, and activities based on your preferences.
- Arrange transportation, accommodations, and tours directly with local providers.
Rent a Car:
- Renting a car provides the freedom to explore Morocco at your own pace and visit off-the-beaten-path destinations.
- Ensure you have an international driver’s license and are familiar with Moroccan traffic rules and driving conditions.
- Experience the Moroccan desert and traditional nomadic lifestyle by embarking on a camel trek in the Sahara.
- Tours can range from a few hours to several days, allowing you to witness breathtaking sunsets and sleep under the stars.
Hiking and Trekking:
- Morocco offers excellent hiking and trekking opportunities, particularly in the Atlas Mountains.
- Consider guided hikes to ensure safety and an immersive experience with knowledgeable local guides.
- Immerse yourself in Moroccan culture by staying with local families through organized homestay programs.
- This provides a unique insight into daily life, traditions, and customs.
- Visit major cities like Marrakech, Fes, Casablanca, Rabat, and Tangier to explore historic medinas, museums, palaces, and vibrant markets.
- Engage in guided city tours or explore on foot to absorb the local culture and architecture.
Coastal and Beach Experience:
- Explore the beautiful coastal areas of Morocco, such as Essaouira, Agadir, and Asilah, to enjoy beaches, water activities, and seafood.
- Indulge in a culinary adventure by joining a food tour to taste Moroccan dishes, visit markets, and learn to cook traditional recipes.
- Tailor your tour based on your specific interests, whether it’s architecture, history, adventure, photography, or relaxation.